Best Pool Cover Pumps (2021)- Top Pick & Review
Although you have an automatic pool cleaner, it’s advisable to keep a good quality pool cover pump as well.
Pool cover pump helps draining out excessive water accumulated on your pool cover. It’s quite useful in rainy seasons because draining off the water from pool cover is not an easy task. So, the pool cover pumps help you to do this job easily.
But, finding the best pool cover pump is not an easy task. It requires effort and time. But, we have done all the research for you.
Here, we are listing the top-rated pool cover pumps that you can purchase directly from the Amazon.
Best Pool Cover Pumps of 2020
Our sole motive is to provide you all the
1. Wayne WAPC250 Pool Cover Pump
Our #1 pool cover pump recommendation is Wayne WAPC250. It has a lot of features and one of them is the iSwitch technology integrated into it. The iSwitch automatically switches the pump on when it is required.
With a feature like this, you will not have to worry about checking up on the cover again and again. In this model, there is also a strainer on the base which has the purpose of filtering out debris and hence extending the life of the pump.
The pump is also good at saving energy. So it is a one-time investment and a solution for all the problems related to pool covers.
- The iSwitch technology to switch the pump ON-OFF automatically.
- The Auto Freeze protection feature to prevent damage to the pump from frozen water.
- The strainer at the base to prevent clogging because of debris.
- It has a high flow rate, that takes minimum time to drain out the excessive water.
- Energy-efficient product.
- Strainer may clog when draining out outdoor pools with heavy debris and leaf.
2. Little Giant Pool Cover Pump
Little Giant APCP-1700 is yet another good pump to drain out rainwater from the pool covers. We recommend this pump for the people who live in areas receiving high precipitation in the form of rain. This pool cover pump switches on automatically when the precipitation level on the cover has reached 2 inches.
Some may argue that 2 inches of rain are quite high and this pump is not so efficient. But for people who live in areas with high precipitation, they may not want the pump to start automatically even with 3/4 inches of rain. The functioning of this pump is simple and therefore, it does not make the cover maintenance task a big deal.
- Automatic switching on when the precipitation level has reached 2 inches.
- The cleaning of the pump is easy.
- The power cord of 25 feet makes it convenient to connect to the power sources.
- It has both manual and automatic modes available.
- The side discharge hose makes the pumping simpler for the user.
- Some customers reported priming issue with pump.
3. Little Giant 5-APCP Automatic Pool Cover Pump
This model from Little Giant is submersible in the water and can be used in both auto and manual mode. This model from Little Giant is efficient enough to take care of all the pool cover maintenance issues.
Also, this pump has automatic switching on the system because of which the owner does not have to come to check the cover after every rainfall. The moment there is heavy rain and it crosses the mark of 3 1/4”, it will switch on automatically and save your effort. Having this pool cover pump is surely going to save a lot of money and energy of yours.
- This pool cover pump can also work when submerged in water.
- It works both in manual and automatic modes.
- There is a stabilizing plate in the pump which makes it usable for multiple applications.
- The power cord of 25 feet make this pump easy to connect with power source.
- It comes with 2-years of warranty.
- Price is comparatively high.
4. FibroPool Electric Pool Cover Pump
People who want a pump both for in-ground and above ground pools, this cover pump is a perfect choice. Since it is light in weight, it makes sure that the pool cover is not pulled beyond the point that is required. The pumping rate of this pump is impressive and can pump out 600 gallons of water in an hour.
It also a long removal hose of 16 foot which makes the task super convenient for the user. The small size and features of this pump make it a good choice to purchase and easily maintain the pool cover.
- The small size makes it user friendly.
- It can pump 600 gallons of water in an hour.
- A long removable hose of 16 foot.
- The outer casing of the pump is weather and impact resistant.
- Made for both in-ground and above ground pools.
- Not suitable for bigger pool size.
5. Little Giant PCP550 Pool Cover Pump
The Little Giant is one of the top brands for pool pumps and that is why we have another pump from this brand on this list. This model is PCP550 and unlike other pumps from this brand on our list, it is not automatic.
However, it is budget-friendly and also equally efficient in terms of maintaining the pool cover. The proof of its efficiency is the 550 gallons of water it can pump out in an hour. This pump is not automatic and thus cheaper than other automatic pumps.
- Budget-friendly product.
- Easy to clean the intake screen.
- The power cord of 25 feet long..
- It can easily suck 550 gallons of water in an hour.
- Only suitable for small size pools.
6. Splash Pools Submersible Pool Cover Pump
Pool owners looking for a pump that does the job fine and is not going to make a big hole in the pocket should go with this. The Splash pool cover pump is a universal pump and can cover the basics of maintaining the pool cover.
The user will have to be careful about the clogging of this pump, but that can be compensated for its low price. The automatic pumps are expensive and they too need some maintenance. If you are not willing to spend a lot on a pool cover pump, then this pump will work simply fine for you.
- It can be submerged to suck the cover water.
- Can be used for multiple applications.
- It can suck 500 gallons of water in an hour.
- Cheap in price.
- Only suitable for small size pools.
7. Pumps Away 350 GPH Pool Cover Pump
People using this pool cover pump have only good reviews to share about this product. The price of this pool cover pump is also low. Because of the low price, many people have doubts about its functionality, but after the use, they are simply surprised.
This budget-friendly pool cover pump has features of expensive pumps like it is submerged able, and also makes very less noise. You can use it continuously for 6 to 7 hours without any worries.
- Budget-friendly pool cover pump.
- Can be used while submerged in water.
- The power cord of the length of 25 feet.
- It can take 6 to 7 hours continuous workload.
- Clogging issue reported by some users.
- Not durable.
8. Aquabeacon Pool Cover Pump
This pump can be used for both the in-ground and above ground pools. It features a 16 feet long kink-proof hose which makes using it convenient for the user. Also, it has a compact size and design because of which the users have no trouble while using it. It is a durable product and can stand against harsh weather and is impact-proof too. The best part is the affordable price tag it offers along with great quality.
- The powerful motor of the pump makes the draining of water simplified.
- The hose of the pump is 16 feet long and is kink-proof.
- The ABS casing of the pump makes it weather and impact-proof.
- Company provide 1 year replacement warranty.
- Only work if water level is high.
- Does not stand straight, that can cause burning of motor in the lack of water.
9. EDOU 850 GPH Pool Cover Pump
This pool cover drainage pump by EDOU is powerful and has a power of 850 GPH (gallon per hour). With a strong pump like this, you can save your time, energy, and money. Because it drains the water fast, you will save time and also prevent wastage of power resources.
To make the application of the pump easy for the user, it has 3 different adapters and a 16 feet long kink-proof hose. This product is also durable. The ABS body makes its impact and weatherproof. Along with all these features, this pump is also a budget-friendly product.
- Budget-friendly product.
- Durable and effective against harsh weather, wear and tear, and rough use.
- Comes with a kink-proof 16 feet long hose
- Company provides email support.
- Doesn’t works in low water level.
10. Blue Torrent
Swimming Pool Cover Pump
This is an automatic pool cover pump by Blue Torrent at a reasonable price. The automatic pumps are not in the price range in which this pump is categorized, and that is a good thing for customers looking for a budget-friendly product.
For the price, it has a very high power level of 1250 gallons per hour. It is also a fully submersible pump and can be used for multiple applications. With this power and features, this can a useful pump for the maintenance of the pool covers.
- Budget-friendly product.
- Automatic ON-OFF facility.
- Can be submerged completely in water and thus good for multiple uses.
- It can drain 1250 gallons per hour.
- Not a durable product.
In this article, we have tried to include feature-rich and budget-friendly products. While making a purchase decision, you should decide whether you want to invest a one-time in durable and feature products or low prices. I would suggest you get the best automatic pool cover pump from the top 3 on this list. They work great and comes with a long-term warranty.
Now, the decision is yours. Enjoy swimming!
Herbert is a swimming enthusiast. Started career working as a lifeguard, and in pool maintenance. He loves to share his experience and recommendation on this blog.