4 Best Swimming Bags for Kids and Adults
If you spend a lot of time in the pool, there’s no doubt that you’re interested in finding a bag that can transport your swimming gear without getting soaked. There are a lot of different bags made for carrying wet swimming gear, and it can be difficult to find the right one.
The best swimming bags are the TYR Big Mesh bag. It easily drains water thanks to its mesh fabric and is large enough to carry all your swimming gear. It has multiple pockets for smaller items, such as goggles and water bottles. It’s also very affordable.
In the rest of this article, I’ll explore the benefits and drawbacks of each bag, explain how affordable each bag is, and give plenty of information about the size of each bag listed below.
Best Overall Swimming Bag: TYR Big Mesh Bag
- LARGE CAPACITY: Great for packing swim training equipment, snorkeling gear, beach items, and the pool, the TYR Big Mesh Mummy backpack features an updated design with 20% more capacity for storing all your swimming gear.
- QUALITY DESIGN: Lightweight and functional, this athletic backpack features a spacious main compartment for storage, small zip compartment, and mesh venting for faster dry time and optimal drainage.
- ADJUSTABLE: Over-the-shoulder straps allow for comfortable, convenient carry, while the secure barrel-lock closure at the top provides quick and easy access to your gear.
- EXTRA COMPARTMENTS: Side zipper pocket for additional organization and quick access to essentials like goggles and swim caps. A built-in mesh water bottle pocket keeps hydration at your fingertips.
- QUALITY MATERIALS: Measuring 25.25 x 19 inches, the mesh backpack has a 40-liter capacity, is made from 100% durable polyester, and is available in a variety of fun colors to complement your personal style.
This bag is probably the best swimming backpack on this list. It has a large capacity, so there is plenty of room to store your things. The bag’s polyester mesh material drains water easily and allows your things to dry just as fast.
This bag is great if you have a lot of things you need to transport. It has a forty-liter (10.6-gal) capacity, which is higher than other bags on this list. This bag also has multiple pockets for storing smaller items like goggles, and swim caps.
This bag features a pocket made for a water bottle. This allows you to bring a drink to the beach or the pool to stay properly hydrated as you swim. It also has a zippered pocket on the side.
This bag is a good size for older kids and adults. It has adjustable shoulder straps that let you tailor the bag’s fit to your body size.
This bag is best for you if you are on a budget or are just trying to get the most bang for your buck. In fact, it is the lowest-priced bag on this list.
- Since it’s made of mesh, the bag won’t retain any water.
- It’s also incredibly affordable.
- It’s large and contains a lot of pockets.
- Adjustable fit.
- This bag may be too large for children under five, especially when the bag is filled with all their swimming essentials.
- A bit too flimsy to be used as a normal backpack in other situations.
- Doesn’t have a covered inner pocket.
Best Swimming Bag for Kids: Speedo Deluxe Ventilator Mesh Bag
- Equipment bag designed to hold all your swimming essentials made of open weave mesh for strength and quick drying
- Shoulder straps for backpack carry with drawstring toggle closure to keep items together and secure in the bag
This is the smallest bag on the list, which makes it a great option if you are looking for a swimming bag for a small child. It is lightweight and small but has plenty of room for all of your equipment.
However, adults may find this bag a bit insufficient in terms of storage space. The bag only has thirty-three liters (8.7 gals) of capacity. If you have a lot of large gear like a kickboard or flippers, this bag can hold all your things, but it will be a tight fit.
This bag is also made of mesh, so all your things will dry quickly. It also features flat shoulder straps instead of drawstrings for added comfortability.
This is one of the most durable bags on this list. The bottom of the bag is not made of mesh which helps it stand up better to wear and tear. The zippered pocket has a high-quality YKK zipper, so you won’t have to worry about the security of the dry pocket.
Although this bag is made by a name-brand company, it’s very inexpensive. It’s a great option if you are just looking for a small bag to bring to the beach or the pool.
- Despite being made by a major brand, it’s very affordable.
- It’s more durable than most other bags.
- It has a water-bottle pocket.
- It dries quickly.
- It may be too small for adults that carry a lot of things.
- It only has two pockets.
Most Features: Speedo Teamster Backpack
- Durable exterior shell is built tough with abrasion resistance
- Primary zippers are the highest quality YKK Zippers
- Webbing loops and d-ring on side panels for accessories/bag tags
- Hidden front ventilated gear pocket for wet suits, caps, and goggles
This speedo bag is great if you have lots of things you need to bring with you to swim meets or practices. The bag has four pockets and a thirty-five-liter (9.25-gal) capacity, which makes it one of the larger, more traditional-style backpacks on this list.
The size of this bag may make it a bit too large for smaller children, but it is ideal for adults with lots of things to keep dry. The pockets have space for a cell phone, wallet, keys, etc. For that reason, this bag can feel more like a hiking backpack than a swimming bag.
This bag is one of the more expensive backpacks on this list, but that is because of all the accessories that come with the bag. Among them is a removable dirt bag, which is great for storing things you really need to keep dry.
The bag also has a removable bleacher seat and a laptop sleeve. The bottom of the bag is made of water-resistant material, and all of the zippers on the bag are extremely durable YKK zippers.
The one drawback to this bag is its solid construction. The bag is made to be very durable, but this detracts from its ability to drain water. Wet clothes and equipment can be put into the bag, and no moisture will escape. This can be a bad thing if you leave wet equipment in the bag for extended periods.
- Great for people with a lot of stuff to carry.
- Removable dirt bag.
- Removable bleacher seat.
- Laptop sleeve.
- Extremely durable construction.
- It doesn’t drain water as easily as other bags.
- Too large for children.
- More expensive than other models.
Best Large Swimming Bag: Arena Spiky III Backpack
- Specifically designed for athletes and competitive swimmers, with a total of 45 liters (2746 cu in) of storage space so you can fit all your swimwear, workout clothes, training gear and accessories
- Large, top-loading main compartment engineered for easy access with a wide mouth zipper opening to load and unload your gear easily, and a separate inner laptop sleeve
- Logo-stamped front ventilated mesh pocket for wet items or shoes, plus two wide and roomy side pockets, each with a mesh compartment for holding your favorite pre/post workout drink container
- YKK zippers on each compartment provide ultimate security for your gear, nylon pulls on zipper allow easy access, and the two carabiners provide easy hanging storage for keys, goggles and more
- Made of durable material with breathable compartments for moisture control, a waterproof reinforced bottom that is abrasion resistant, a mesh ventilated back and comfortable shoulder straps
This bag is very similar to the speedo teamster bag, but it’s a great deal larger. The Arena Spiky III has a capacity of forty-five liters (11.89 gals) and four large pockets for storing your gear.
When packed full and weighed down with wet clothes, towels, and shoes, it will be very heavy for children to carry. This bag is best suited for teens and adults.
This bag is also expensive, but it does come with an additional smaller bag where you can store wet gear. This additional bag allows you to keep your wet things separate from those you need to keep dry.
The entire bag is not made of mesh, but the front pocket is, which makes it ideal for storing smaller wet items that you would like to dry quickly. This bag also has YKK zippers and a waterproof, abrasion-resistant bottom.
This bag is durable and can fit a lot of swimming gear while keeping wet and dry things separate. The only real drawback to this bag is the price and the fact that it is too large for small children.
- It includes a smaller bag for storing wet gear.
- Mesh front pocket for things you need to dry quickly.
- Very durable construction.
- This bag is too large for children to carry.
- A bit expensive.
If you want to start swimming, you’re probably wondering how many laps you should go before reaching a mile. I’ve answered this question and a few related questions in my full guide. Don’t miss it.
Carrying your swimming gear in one waterproof bag is a huge advantage in competitive swimming. Having a good bag with plenty of capacity will help to set your mind at ease and keep you focused on performing in the pool.
The four bags listed above check all the boxes. They are also very different in style, so you can pick one that best serves your needs.
Herbert is a swimming enthusiast. Started career working as a lifeguard, and in pool maintenance. He loves to share his experience and recommendation on this blog.