Chances are you are reading this post because you want to lower pool PH level. The rise in the pH of the
When the pH of the
Also Read: How To Raise Pool Alkalinity
Thus, to help you maintain the optimum PH of the pool, I’ve listed some of the best ways to lower pool PH level. So, let’s dive straight in
What Causes High PH in
Different ways can cause a sudden spike in the pH level of the
Besides that, sudden rises in the PH level can also be triggered due to the increase in temperature. For example, if the pool is continually exposed to the sunlight and constant heatwave, it may result in a high PH level.
What Happens If PH Is Too High In Pool?
A rise in the PH level can create a lot of effects and problems, which are as follows:
- High PH level can make chlorine in-effective which in turn promotes the growth of algae and bacteria.
- Alkaline PH can make water hard, which further results in the formation of scales of calcium deposits. The scale build-up can result in the clogging of the pipes and filters. The clogged pipes can create the problem of motor failure and leakage.
- It can irritate the eyes and make skin dry.
- The rise in PH can also result in the cloudy and hazy pool, making it unfit for swimming.
How To Lower PH in a Pool?
Use a pool test kit to measure the PH level of the pool. Once you know that the pH level is high, you can go with this solution to store the pH balance and make it fit for swimming.
1. Sodium Bisulfate To Lower Pool PH
By using the Sodium Bi-sulfate, you can achieve the PH balance in the
Some manufacturers suggest using 3/4th of the sodium Bi-sulfate in the pool. It comes in the form of powder. So, try to avoid using the chemical during windy conditions as it may blow back your skin.
- The individual can add powdered chemicals directly into the
swimming poolby sitting close to avoid blowback. Make sure to apply the chemical near the water jet return side as it helps to facilitate the powder to spread into the pool equally.
- Once you dissolve the Sodium Bi-sulfate powder into the water, it takes around 10-15 minutes to dissolve the powder completely.
- You can wait for six to eight hours to check the PH of the
- Concentrated Granular Sodium Bisulfate.
- Biodegradable, Non Toxic, Safer the Muriatic acid
- 10 lbs. granular pH Reducer = 1 gal. muriatic acid
- Saver and easier to store.
- Initial Dosage: 15-30 oz. per 10,000 gallons.
2. Muriatic Acid
Muriatic acid is another powerful chemical that helps to restore the PH level in the pool. But keep in mind that Muriatic acid is extremely corrosive, so use protective gear such as goggles and gloves while mixing the chemical into the pool.
In addition to this, make sure to read the entire instruction carefully and measure the quantity of the chemical properly to avoid any hazardous conditions.
- Muriatic acid can be mixed into the
swimming poolin two ways. First, make sure to turn off the water pump and pour the chemical slowly into the steady stream.
- Second, give some time to settle the acid at the bottom of the
swimming pool. Once it is done, turn on the water pump to mix properly in the pool.
- The second way is to pour the acid near the return jets and let the water pump do the rest of the work.
- Once you mix the chemical, give it at least six hours to mix properly into the pool. Then, check the PH level of the pool.
These are a few tricks that help you to lower the PH level of the pool. Balancing the pool’s pH can help prevent skin damage, eye irritation, and many more.
Herbert is a swimming enthusiast. Started career working as a lifeguard, and in pool maintenance. He loves to share his experience and recommendation on this blog.